Thursday 27 March 2014

Proteus - Games are Art but Art isnt a Game

Im going to be honest right from the get-go of this overview, I dislike Proteus completely. I dislike it because of what it is and what its trying to be. I am all for the whole 'Games are Art' idea and I can agree wholeheartedly with it. The problem is though that in order to go along with this statement, you cant just push art repeatedly and forget to actually make a game behind it.


Proteus pretty much forgets to do that completely, there's a touch of interactivity in there, by moving around you can make sounds happen when you get closer to things. Its just boring though, some things make some, some things don't really make much of a difference, mostly its just wandering, often with large stretches of nothing exciting. I just cannot recommend this as a game in any way as there happens to be no gameplay behind it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment